dibble n : a wooden hand tool with a pointed end; used to make holes in the ground for planting seeds or bulbs [syn: dibber]
1 plant with a wooden hand tool; "dibble Spring bulbs"
2 make a hole with a wooden hand tool; "dibble the ground"
- Rhymes: -ɪbəl
- To make holes, or plant seeds, using a dibble.
Dibble may refer to:
- Dibble, Oklahoma, a town in McClain County, Oklahoma, United States
- Andy Dibble (born 1965), Welsh professional footballer
- Ansen Dibell or Nancy Ann Dibble (1942-2006), American science fiction author
- D. Scott Dibble (born 1965), American politician from Minnesota
- Hamilton Dibble Jessup (1806–1892), doctor and political figure in Canada West
- Harold L. Dibble (born 1951), American Paleolithic archaeologist
- Rob Dibble (born 1964), Major League Baseball pitcher
- Samuel Dibble (1837-1913), Congressman from South Carolina
- Scott Dibble, Canadian singer-songwriter, musician and record producer
angle, bait the hook, bed, bob, broadcast, clam, dap, dib, disseminate, drill, drive, fish, fly-fish, forest, gig, go fishing, grig, guddle, implant, inseminate, jack, jacklight, jig, net, plant, pot, put in, reforest, reset, retimber, scatter seed, seed, seed down, seine, seminate, set, shrimp, sow, sow broadcast, spin, still-fish, torch, transplant, trawl, troll, whale